Chai Tea - Super Easy No Added SugarReport Violation
Carbs Per Serving: 5.5g
Prep Time:<10 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
Chai's roots come from the 5,000 year old Indian Science of Ayurveda, healing with food.
You'll find that the ingredients in Chai are used to promote healing and strengthen various parts of the body.
- Cinnamon strengthens the blood and teeth. Ceylon Cinnamon is soft and light tan colored. Hard, red-brown cinnamon is actually Cassia Bark. Has a real strong flavor. Use what is available to you and adjust the recipe accordingly.
- Black Pepper stimulates digestion, brings heat, circulation, breaks a sweat, breaks down calcium deposits.
- Cloves stimulate the appetite.
- Cardamom opens the nerves, helps digestion.
- Ginger strengthens the nerves, circulation.
- Tea catalyzes the spices. Opens the lungs, circulation, anti-oxidant. Lots of new research!
- Milk helps buffer the digestive tract from the spices and relax the muscle system.
2 Tb sp Black or Darjeeling tea
2 Tb sp Pumpkin Pie Spice
4-5 1/4" ginger root, sliced thin
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 cinnamon stick or a sprinkle to garnish
7 Cups water
4 Cups whole or low fat milk
6 Tb sp Fructevia, Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/8 Teaspoon Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
Add spices and herbs, bring to a boil, and simmer 5 minutes then add 2 Tb sp Black or Darjeeling tea and let steep for 5 minutes.
Stir and serve hot or pour over ice and enjoy cold.
Total Calories: 596
Calories Per Serving: 74.5 (1.5 cups)
Total Fat: 32.1g
Saturated Fat: 20.9g
Cholesterol: 136 mg
Total Carbohydrates: 44g
Carbohydrates Per Serving: 5.5g
Dietary Fiber: 09g