Oatmeal Apple Muffins - Low Glycemic No Added SugarReport Violation
Carbs Per Serving: 5.45 g
Prep Time:<55 minutes
Skill Level: Easy
1 cup whole grain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup Fructevia,Steviva Brand Stevia Blend or 1/4 tsp Steviva Brand Stevia Powder
1 tbsp flax seeds +3 tbsp warm water
3/4 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice)
1/4 cup coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
1 medium apple, cored and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a food processor, whirl 2 ounces of flax seeds with 2 ounces of warm water until you have a gooey mess. That replaces the egg. Add milk and oil and give it another spin to mix with the flaxseed.
4. Slowly stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in the chopped apple.
5. Fill muffin cups 1/2-3/4 full with batter. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
7. Enjoy the delicious Omega-3 delivery system you've created!
Total Calories: 1182
Calories Per Serving: 98.5 serving size 1 muffin
Total Fat Per Serving: 5.25g
Saturated Fat: 3.10 g
Cholesterol Per Serving: 12.56mg
Sodium Per Serving: 22.5 mg
Total Carbohydrates Per Serving: 5.45g
Dietary Fiber: 2.4